Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
ACADEMIC FIELD & RESEARCH
Cultural Anthropology of South Asia, India and Bangladesh Studies
RESEARCH FIELD (FIELD SITE, LOCATION OF RESEARCH)
- Togawa M. Swami Vivekananda’s views on the history of Indian art and Indian society: With a background of 19th century Indian intellectuals including that of Rajendralal Mitta. The Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, 98: 43-84, 2019. (Japanese)
- Togawa M. Sufi-Orders and Tarikas in Bengal: A Case study of religious practices at the Shah Ali Majar in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Islamic and Sufi Studies in Academia: Rethinking Methodologies: Kyoto Kenan Rifai Sufi Studies, Series 3, 3, 2019.
- Togawa M. Anagarika Dharmapala’s Bodh Gaya restoration movement: Tracing from religious universalism to Sinhalese Buddhist nationalism. Bulletin of the National Museum of Ethnology, 43: 121-157, 2018. (Japanese)
- Togawa M. Swami Vivekananda’s views on religion and nationalism: As seen from the relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism. South Asian Studies, 29, 2018. (Japanese)
- Togawa M. The spirit of liberation war and the 1972 constitution: Redefining secularism. The Journal of Social Studies: Special Issue on Liberation War 1971, 158: 61-83, 2018.
- Togawa M. Revisiting ethnographic study on the rural society in Bengal, panel proceedings: Remembering village after 50 Years: Reconsidering an ethnography by the late Professor Tadahiko Hara. 5th International Congress of Bengal Studies, 83-101, 2018.
- Togawa M. Okakura Tenshin’s visit to Bodh Gaya in British India: Exchanges between Swami Vivekananda and Rabindranath Tagore. The Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, 92: 181-205, 2016. (Japanese)
- Togawa M. Sharing the narratives: An anthropologist among the local people at the Mausoleum of Fakir Lalon Shah in Bangladesh. Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies, 6: 21-36, 2013.